Updating Your Name Servers to Point to UMCChurches
Nameservers are essentially addresses for a server which you can use to point a domain to a desired server.
- To change the nameservers for a domain from http://register.hostgator.com you will need to click on the 'Manage Domains' tab as shown in the picture below.
- You will be asked for your billing email and password to access any domains attached to that billing account. This will be the same login as http://gbclient.hostgator.com. If you forgot your password, click on the 'Forgot your password?' link below the login to reset your password.
- Once logged in you will see any domains attached to the billing account along with basic information about each domain. By clicking on the domain name you can get to the Domain Overview which is shown in the following image
- The Domain Overview will show more details about the particular domain selected and will have tabs on the left side for the different functions available. Simply click on 'Name Servers' from the left hand menu and you can now change the nameservers from this section. Enter the two nameservers: ns1.dnsmadeeasy.com,ns2.dnsmadeeasy.com
- From this screen you can edit the nameservers which the domain will point to. There is also a drop down box that will automatically point the domain to any active packages on the account.
Once you have entered your Nameservers, click on 'Save Name Servers' in the bottom right to save your changes. Please remember that nameserver changes can take 24 to 48 hours to propagate.